Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
BOND SUMMARY: EGB markets are showing little concern over what was once
considered a dangerous political outcome in Italy in the form of a 5-Star/Lega
government, with periphery spreads remaining well-behaved and Core rates off.
- Later today we get more colour on what the next Italian government might look
like, with 5-Star and Lega meeting with Pres Mattarella. 10Y BTP/Bund spread up
only 0.1bps to 131.32, but well off last week's high above 138.
- Bunds are sharply weaker, the Jun18 future last 49 ticks off at 158.36.
Long-dated Euribor futures are weakening, with Dec21s down 4 ticks to 99.12
(technical support next at 99.10), steepening the strip with whites barely off.
- While the attention has been on Italy, Portuguese 10-year PGB/Bund spreads
have fallen to a six-session low at 111.39bps. Portugal now 20.1bps inside
Italy, taking aim at the 22.7bps level set in March.
- In a light data day, focus is on ECB speakers coming up, incl Praet,
Lautenschlaeger & Coeure. ECB`s Villeroy sounded modestly hawkish this morning.
- Little action in JGBs or USTs though both are weaker. Jun18 JGB futures off 3
ticks at 150.77; Jun18 US T-Notes likewise off 3 ticks at 119.09.