Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Gilts rallied with bull flattening in the curve as traders took heed of warnings on both sides of the Channel that we were entering the "final hours" of talks to avert a no-deal Brexit.
- Bunds had bear steepened in the morning but this eventually reversed on Brexit's gravity.
- Periphery spreads traded wider.
- After such a busy week, it's a relatively thin schedule for the upcoming week ahead of the Christmas holiday - most attention will be on Brexit.
Closing Levels / 10-Yr Periphery EGB Spreads:
- Germany: The 2-Yr yield is unchanged at -0.725%, 5-Yr is up 0.2bps at -0.744%, 10-Yr is down 0.1bps at -0.571%, and 30-Yr is down 0.5bps at -0.16%.
- UK: The 2-Yr yield is down 3.3bps at -0.084%, 5-Yr is down 3.6bps at -0.042%, 10-Yr is down 3.8bps at 0.249%, and 30-Yr is down 4.1bps at 0.806%.
- Italian BTP spread up 2.6bps at 113.6bps
- Spanish bond spread up 1.7bps at 61.6bps/Portuguese spread up 2.5bps at 60.6bps