Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Syndications today: Italy sold new 50-yr BTP (E7bn) and tapped 7-yr syndication (E5bn) on combined books >E130bn; Portugal raised E4bn of 10-Yr PGB on books >E30bn. In auctions, Germany allotted E3.3bn of Bobl and UK GBP5bln total of Gilts.
- In data, Spain March services PMI beat expectations, while Italy missed; both <50.
- Afternoon attention was on dual press conferences by the EU and UK vaccine regulators on the AstraZeneca jab's potential links with blood clotting. EMA noting that vaccine's clots as a rare side effect, but otherwise no action taken, EU ministers to discuss at 1700BST. UK will offer under-30s an alternative (eg Moderna) but not expected to slow overall vaccine rollout.
Closing yields/10-Yr Spreads to Bunds:
- Germany: The 2-Yr yield is down 0.2bps at -0.703%, 5-Yr is down 0.8bps at -0.657%, 10-Yr is down 0.8bps at -0.324%, and 30-Yr is down 0.4bps at 0.231%.
- UK: The 2-Yr yield is down 1.1bps at 0.064%, 5-Yr is down 1.5bps at 0.358%, 10-Yr is down 2.4bps at 0.773%, and 30-Yr is down 2.2bps at 1.315%.
- Italian BTP spread up 0.8bps at 101.7bps/ Spanish spread up 0.5bps at 66.6bps