- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
MNI China Daily Summary: Tuesday, May 30
EGBs-GILTS: Core Heads Lower
Bunds and Gilts are weaker in early Friday trade with BTP spreads tighter, despite equities and FX suggesting a risk-off tone. Not much on the calendar ahead.
- BTPs remain in focus; PM Conte attempting to form a new coalition ahead of a crunch confidence vote in the Senate Tuesday.
- Bunds reversed gains on the open, having earlier taken a cue from Tsys which had rebounded overnight, as well as late Thurs news of tighter lockdowns in Germany and France.
- GIlts under pressure from the open; note UK GDP surprised to the upside.
- Otherwise, 2nd Tier data today; no scheduled central bank speakers or bond supply for the rest of the day, not much new from Stournaras, Vasiliauskas or Makhlouf earlier (painting a cautious picture of the economic outlook).
- Mar Bund futures (RX) down 20 ticks at 177.64 (L: 177.59 / H: 177.94)
- Mar Gilt futures (G) down 18 ticks at 134.26 (L: 134.17 / H: 134.48)
- Mar BTP futures (IK) up 22 ticks at 151.13 (L: 151.01 / H: 151.39)
- Italy / German 10-Yr spread 2.4bps tighter at 116.9bps
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.