- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
MNI: PBOC Net Injects CNY3 Bln Via OMOs Friday
MNI: PBOC Yuan Parity Higher At 7.0760 Friday; -4.68% Y/Y
Equity Roundup: Reverse Early Gains, Fed Speak Saps Risk Appetite
Stocks weaker and extending lows ahead midday, well off early session highs as hawkish Fed speak from Dallas Fed Logan on danger of not hike rates enough to combat inflation tempered risk appetite. Several sell programs reported in late morning trade with SPX eminis currently trading -40.25 (-0.97%) at 4106.25; DJIA -395.23 (-1.15%) at 33846.54; Nasdaq -107.8 (-0.9%) at 11781.57.
- SPX leading/lagging sectors: Communication Services (-1.42%), Real Estate (-1.32%) and Industrials (-1.19%) sectors underperformed. Interactive media and entertainment weighed on the former (TTWO -1.8%, GooG -1.58%, WBD -1.21%) while Industrials weighed by commercial and professional services shares ((LDOS -3.94%, RHI -1.08%, VRSK -1.04%).
- Leaders: Energy (-0.50%), Consumer Discretionary (-0.62%) and Information Technology (-0.66%) outperformed on mixed levels (CTRA +1.96%, OXY +1.56%, COP +1.39%) vs. (BKR -1.17%, MRO -1.16%, XOM and HAL -0.87%).
- Dow Industrials Leaders/Laggers: Boeing (BA) +1.84 at 217.49, Chevron (CVX) +0.72 at 171.73. Laggers: Home Depot (HD) -5.89 at 317.64, Caterpillar (CAT) -5.24 at 242.91, United Health (UNH) -4.18 at 491.17.
- Earnings after the close: Devon Energy (DVN, $1.76 est), GoDaddy (GDDY $0.67 est), Akamai Technology (AKAM $1.27 est), Airbnb (ABNB $0.31 est), Livent (LTHM $0.37 est), Comstock Resources (CRK $0.75 est), Generac (GNRC $1.62 est).
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.