October 09, 2023 13:40 GMT
EU Refinery Maintenance
The latest update on the European refinery maintenance: In Germany two refineries are scheduled to conclude maintenance later this week, while one refinery in Sweden will end maintenance works on Tuesday according to Bloomberg.
- In Germany, the planned maintenance at BP’s Gelsenkirchen crude unit is ongoing, limiting availability by 120kbpd. Maintenance is scheduled to end 14 October. The refinery is also planning a partial shutdown of another unit later this autumn.
- Tamoil’s Tarnoil Hamburg refinery will have turnarounds until 14 October, limiting availability by 105kbpd.
- Shell’s Miro Refinery will end annual maintenance on 31 October. Planned works on the FCC and alky units will limit output by 62kbpd.
- In the UK, Valero’s 220kbpd Pembroke refinery will be shut down until 31 October. The dates for the maintenance are not final.
- Essar Energy’s Stanlowe refinery will return on 15 November. The halt to the CDU and VDU is limiting output by 195kbpd.
- Exxon’s Fawley refinery has been preparing the restart of a unit that went offline on 2 October in an unplanned outage. The has been no update on the restart.
- In Sweden, maintenance at Preem AB’s Gothenburg refinery affects 75kbpd output. Works are scheduled to conclude on Tuesday.
- In Portugal, Galp’s 220kbpd Sines refinery is scheduled to halt until 24 Nov.
- In Spain, BP’s Castellon de la Plana refinery is scheduled to fully halt its output of 110kbpd on 15 October until 8 December. The halt is carried out every six years.
- In Belgium, the unplanned outage at Total’s Antwerp refinery amid a flaring event, that halted the 70.4kbpd FCC unit, is scheduled to end on 18 Oct.
- In France, Total’s Donges refinery had a brief excess emissions event associated with the 220kbpd CDU and 97kbpd VDU on 6 October. There have been no further updates on the unit according to WoodMac.
- PetroIneos’ Lavera oil refinery halted some units earlier this month in unplanned outages. The refinery was scheduled to halt some units for planned maintenance on 5 October, according to a community alert seen by Bloomberg, but no specifics have been given.
- Exxon’s Fos sur Mer refinery was due to restart a gas turbine on Friday afternoon according to a community alert.
- In Italy, Eni’s Sannazzaro refinery halted the 116kbpd CDU on 2 October. The unit is scheduled to return on 23 November.