Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
EZ JUN FINAL HICP +0.3% M/M, +1.9% Y/Y; MAY +2.0% Y/Y
EZ JUN FINAL CORE HICP +0.3% M/M; +0.9% Y/Y; MAY +1.0% Y/Y
- Headline EZ inflation slipped 0.1pp in Jun to 1.9%, confirming the flash estimate and coming in line with market expectations.
- The headline inflation rate dipped below the ECB's target after recording the first reading above it since October 2018.
- Core inflation ticked down to 0.9% in Jun, after rising to 1.0% in May.
- Energy inflation was again the main driver of inflation, adding 1.16pp to CPI growth, despite a small deceleration to 12.6% in Jun.
- Food, alcohol and tobacco prices remained at May's level of 0.5% in Jun, while non-energy industrial accelerated to 1.2%.
- Prices for services slowed to 0.7% in Jun, after rising to 1.1% in the previous month.
- Among the member states, Portugal (-0.6%), Malta (0.2%) and Greece (0.6%) saw the lowest inflation rates, while Estonia (3.7%), Lithuania (+3.5%) and Luxembourg (+3.4%) recorded the highest annual rates.