Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- This morning, FinMin Mihaly Varga said in a video that Hungary's 2021 GDP Growth May Be Higher Than 7%.
- In an economic conference yesterday, NBH Governor Gyorgy Matolcsy called the soaring inflation a 'public enemy', which has been a global phenomena since the start of the year.
- Policymakers decided to slow down the pace of the NBH tightening cycle by hiking the policy rate by 15bps on Tuesday to 1.65% following three consecutive '30bps hikes'.
- Unless inflation starts to surprise positively in the coming months (rising well above 5%), we expect the NBH to continue to increase its policy rate by 15bps at each of the next three meetings, which would lift up the policy rate to 2.1% by year end.
- Next economic data to watch will be average gross wages and PPI inflation coming out on Sep 29 and Sep 30, respectively.