February 01, 2023 19:00 GMT
FOMC: "Instant Answers:" Fed Hikes 25bps and Nods to "Extent" of Hikes
- Federal funds rate range maximum: 4.75%
- Does the FOMC change the 1st paragraph to indicate an easing in price pressures in any category? YES. "Inflation has eased somewhat but remains elevated."
- Does the FOMC change the phrase "anticipates that ongoing increases in the target range will be appropriate”? NO. FOMC statement's following sentence changed to "extent of future increases," from "pace of future increases."
- If yes, is the phrase deleted entirely and no other guidance on rates added? NA
- If yes, does the FOMC say "further" or "additional" increases? NA
- If yes, does the FOMC say it expects only one additional increase, e.g. "one further" or "an additional"? NA
- Does the FOMC say it expects to hold rates or will consider holding rates at their current level? NO
- Does the FOMC add that policy will likely remain restrictive for some time? NO