Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
BOND SUMMARY: Gilts are the big mover this morning and looking weak, with 10-Yr
yield touching 1.533%, highest generic yield (BBG) since May 22.
- More than just a global bond yield move impacting Gilts; cheaper to US 10s and
Bunds by around 2bps today. Brexit optimism or BoE Gov Mark Carney fear
mongering (reportedly talked up Brexit upside rate risks Thursday)?
- Short Sterling looks weak too, saw futures esp Dec8 sold in decent size this
morning - seeing further dated contracts off most though, Sep20, Jun21 and Dec21
off 3.0 ticks. Minimal reverberation from Thu's BoE meeting.
- Bunds and T-Notes are off slightly after Thursday's choppy session. Dec18 Bund
futures off 7 ticks at 159.39, while T-Notes off 4/32 at 119-09+ having
ultimately shrugged off weak CPI figures yesterday.
- Italian spreads steady despite mixed political news this morning.
- A quiet session for JGBs ahead of the elongated holiday weekend (Japanese
holiday Monday), Dec8 future off 3 ticks at 150.24.
- U.S. retail sales provide the headline economics release on Friday. Also,
BoE's Carney & Fed Evans are due to speak.