Henry Hub Rallies Amid Strong LNG Export Demand
Henry Hub front month is today extending gains from last week amid strong feedgas to LNG export terminals and with wider global market support driven by the halt to some shipping traffic through the Red Sea following an increase in Houthi attacks on vessels in recent days.
- US Natgas JAN 24 up 3.4% at 2.58$/mmbtu
- US Natgas JUN 24 up 1% at 2.6$/mmbtu
- US Natgas DEC 24 up 0.6% at 3.58$/mmbtu
- Feedgas supplies to US LNG export terminals are today at 15.0bcf/d according to Bloomberg after reaching a record high of 15.13bcf/d yesterday.
- US natural gas production was yesterday at 105.0bcf/d according to Bloomberg and in line with the previous week but below the record levels seen on Dec 8 at 106.47bcf/d.
- Natural gas demand is today estimated below normal at 89.8bcf/d according to Bloomberg. The latest weather forecast is showing above normal temperatures across most of the US through the rest of December although with a dip closer to normal in the last couple of days of the month.
- Export flows to Mexico are today down to 5.29bcf/d according to Bloomberg.