Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The rise in uncertainty in recent weeks combined with the legal disputes between Hungary and EU have been weighing on the HUF, which has been the worst performing currency in July among the CEEMEA market.
- This week has been quiet for Hungary, with participants preparing for NBH meeting on July 27.
- As inflation continued to surprise positively in June (+5.3% YoY vs. 4.9% exp.), odds for another 30bps hike have increased significantly.
- USDHUF ticks lower this morning after finding a high at 306.50 yesterday; next level to watch on the topside stands at 310. On the downside, first support stands at 302.50, followed by 300.
- Hungary 10Y yield continues to trend higher this morning after finding a local low of 2.67% on Tuesday; first resistance stands at 2.79% (100DMA), followed by 2.84%. On the downside, next support to watch below 2.67% stands 2.60%.