Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
BOND SUMMARY: It has been a fairly quiet morning in bond markets with a mild
risk-on tone seeing core fixed income move a little lower.
- After spreads widened yesterday, there has been focus on BTPs again today with
spreads reversing some of their moves this morning. UniCredit have suggested
that the moves wider yesterday were driven by profit taking in a market which
has been dominated by buyers in recent months.
- Economic data has failed to be market moving today with the Eurozone trade
balance largely in line with expectations and the final print of Eurozone CPI
revised down from 0.2%M/M to 0.1% while the Y/Y print was in line with the flash
- Looking ahead US retail sales and industrial production will be the highlights
of the day while US-China trade headlines will still be drivers for the market.
- TY1 futures are down -0-8 today at 129-03 with Bund futures down -0.05 at
170.94 and Gilt futures down -0.14 at 131.71.