Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Japan's national average core consumer price index (excluding fresh food) edged up 0.1% y/y in May, after falling 0.1% y/y in April.
- Energy rose 4.2% y/y, quickly from the previous 0.7% y/y growth. contributing 0.31 percentage points to CPI.
- The underlying inflation rate measured by the core-core CPI (excluding fresh food and energy) edged down 0.2% y/y, unchanged from the previous reading.
- Prices for ex-perishables stayed unchanged, the same as in April.
- Prices for household spending rose 2.3% y/y, slower than the 3.0% y/y growth reported last month, and prices for accommodation increased 0.9% y/y.