October 04, 2022 01:26 GMT
- The core consumer price index (excluding fresh food) in the Tokyo area, a leading indicator of the national average, rose for the 14th month by 2.8% in September, faster than the 2.6% growth registered in August.
- Energy costs increased 24.2% y/y, decelerating from last 25.6% y/y increase.
- Processed food prices edged up 4.5% y/y, quicker than last 3.8% y/y growth.
- Prices for household durable goods jumped 9.5% y/y, quickly up from the previous 4.2% y/y increase.
- The core-core CPI (excluding fresh food and energy) -- a key indicator of the underlying trend of inflation -- edged up 1.7% y/y in September, following last 1.4% y/y growth.