Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
J.P.Morgan note that in the week ending 16 June:
- "EM bond flows were +$1.5bn (+0.27% of weekly AUM, prev. +$1.8bn); EM equity flows were -$243mn (-0.02% of weekly AUM, prev. +$2.2bn)."
- "In our EM Client Survey, we recorded +$5.25bn of Q221 strategic flows. Q221 strategic flows were split: +$4.9bn into hard currency and +$350mn into local currency."
- "YTD flows to EM bonds and equities +$45.6bn and +$89.2bn, respectively."
- "EM Bond Funds overall inflows decreased as inflows into hard currency bond funds slowed down (+$428mn), while local currency bond fund inflows were unchanged (+$1.1bn). Local currency bond fund inflows were predominately into China-related bond funds (+$1.0bn), the largest weekly inflow since 24 February."
- "After three weeks of inflows, EM equity funds reverted back to outflows (-$243mn, prev. +$2.2bn). Outflows were concentrated in non-ETFs (-$1.3bn) as ETFs attracted inflows (+$1.1bn). Within regional equity funds, Asia ex-Japan had small outflows (-$6mn, prev. +$863mn); similar to both EMEA and Latam (-$38mn and -$23mn, respectively)."
- "In terms of non-resident EM Portfolio Flows, EM local bonds had marginal inflows (+$32mn prev. +$2.2bn), as inflows into Indonesia (+$624mn) were offset by outflows across the other recorded countries. Non-residents inflows into EM equities increased (+$2.6bn prev. +$1.8bn), led by Taiwan (+$1.2bn) and Korea (+$703mn)."