Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- RES 4: 1.4315 High Apr 18, 218
- RES 3: 1.4237 High Feb 24 and a key resistance
- RES 2: 1.4233 2.0% 10-dma envelope
- RES 1: 1.4166 High May 11
- PRICE: 1.4122 @ 06:08 BST May 12
- SUP 1: 1.3972 Low May 10
- SUP 2: 1.3858 Low May 6
- SUP 3: 1.3801 Low May 3 and a key support
- SUP 4: 1.3752 Bull channel base drawn off the May 2020 low
GBPUSD is holding onto recent gains and the outlook remains bullish. The pair has cleared a number of resistance levels reinforcing a positive theme with sights set on the key resistance at 1.4237, Feb 24 high. A break of 1.4237 would strengthen a bullish case and importantly confirm a resumption of the broader uptrend that started in March 2020. On the downside, initial support is at Monday's intraday low of 1.3972.