Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
NZD/USD crept higher Tuesday amid broader weakness in the USD. That said, the rate gave away some gains as risk appetite soured in U.S. hours. It has a look above Monday's high, but failed to consolidate there.
- GDT price index & whole milk powder price index both fell just 0.2% in the latest auction. It was the fourth auction which saw the index remain little changed.
- New Zealand's Auditor-General said hat his Office is worried about the pace of national Covid-19 vaccine rollout, which may take longer than planned.
- New Zealand's quarterly PPI comes out shortly, with credit card spending due Friday. As we mentioned before, Thursday's delivery of 2021 Budget provides the main point of note on this week's calendar.
- NZD/USD last sits at $0.7243, marginally lower on the day. A fall through May 17 low/100-DMA at $0.7182/80 would open up the 50-DMA/May 13 low at $0.7143/35. On the flip side, May 10/Mar 2 highs of $0.7305/07 provide the initial layer of resistance.