December 18, 2023 15:26 GMT
LNG Carriers Divert From Bab al-Mandab Strait: Argus
Three LNG carriers have diverted away from the Bab al-Mandab strait amid Houthi attacks on vessels in the region, according to Argus.
- The Celsius Copenhagen and the Celsius Geneva are both 180 mcm vessels under charter from Gunvor. The former was travelling to South Korea but turned away from Bab al-Mandab on Dec. 15 and back towards Suez.
- The Celsius Geneva turned back towards the Suez Canal Dec. 15 and is now headed to South Korea via the Cape of Good Hope.
- The unladen 180 mcm Celsius Charlotte is chartered by Cheniere. It turned back towards Asia Dec. 18 after previously declaring for the Suez Canal.
- Yemen’s Iranian-backed Houthi rebels have claimed responsibility for two attacks on ships Dec. 18 using naval drones, according to Alarabiya news.
- TTF JAN 24 up 7.7% at 35.74€/MWh
Source: S&P Global Commodity Insights
Keep reading...Show less