Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Market holidays in Australia, China, Hong Kong and Taiwan limited activity in the region, with NZD leading gains in G10 FX space, even as New Zealand's PSI fell from a record high. CAD also edged higher, as crude oil traded on a slightly firmer footing, but AUD and NOK struggled to pick up any momentum.
- The DXY inched higher, as participants prepared for Thursday's announcement of the latest monetary policy decision from the FOMC. Despite firming a tad, the index rejected Friday's high.
- USD/CNH rose past the CNH6.4000 mark, which capped gains last Friday, reaching its best levels since Jun 4.
- Sterling looked through a number of press reports noting that PM Johnson will today announce a four-week delay of the lifting of Covid-19 restrictions in England.
- The global data docket is very light today, with ECB's Schnabel & de Cos, BoE's Bailey & Riksbank's Floden set to deliver speeches.