Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- This week has been quiet for Hungary, with participants preparing for NBH meeting on July 27.
- As inflation continued to surprise positively in June (+5.3% YoY vs. 4.9% exp.), odds for another 30bps hike have increased significantly.
- Even though NBH has started a tightening cycle, the HUF continues to depreciate against major crosses amid rising uncertainty due to legal disputes with the EU.
- USDHUF broke above its 305 resistance this week; next level to watch on the topside stands at 310. On the downside, first support stands at 302.50, followed by 300.
- Hungary 10Y yield ticks higher this morning after finding a local low at 2.68% yesterday; support to watch on the downside stands at 2.60%. On the topside, first resistance stands at 2.79% (100DMA), followed by 2.84%.