Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- As opposed to Poland, which is trying to keep interest rates low in order to stimulate the economic recovery, the CNB has started a tightening cycle last month and is expected to raise its benchmark rate by another 25bps to 0.75% at its next meeting on August 5.
- While policymakers have been hinting that CNB will hike another two times this year (including Aug 5), market participants are pricing three to four hikes (4 hikes implies a 25bps hike at each meeting) with FRA 6Mx9M trading 83bps above the Pribor 3M.
- USDCZK ticks higher this morning after finding support at its 200DMA at 21.67; on the topside, first resistance stands at 21.92, followed by 22. On the downside, first support to watch below 21.67 (200DMA), followed by 21.49 (100DMA).
- Czech 10Y yield has been retracing lower in recent days, breaking below its 50DMA at 1.70% yesterday; next support to watch on the downside stands at 1.60%. On the topside, ST resistance to watch stands at 1.78%, followed by 1.80%.