Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Turkish rates continue to slide in today's session alongside the rest of the EM complex as risk sentiment sours.
- TurkGBs continue to underperform USD bonds, retaining their bear steepening bias: 5Y +11bp, 10Y +11bp. Meanwhile, USD bonds trade +7-9.5bp higher across the breadth of the curve with 3-7Y tenors most offered at +9-9.5bp.
- Weakness mostly reflects continued bearish sentiment post-CBRT, alongside higher UST yields. Turkey's 5Y CDS stands +10.77bp higher on the day.
- TRY is the top performing currency vs the USD in the CEMEA region (+0.4%) as selling momentum peters out and traders take some profits around 8.90. Supports stand at 8.8017 & 8.7484. Some talk of US CAATSA sanctions is something to monitor this week on top of monetary policy woes.
- XU 100 trades +0.12% higher, having fallen -2.45% last week and -5.62% since the start of September. The Index established a weekly low at 1,380 after failing to break through the 100 & 50dmas at 1,420. Support from the bull channel LT comes in around 1,365 followed by the July lows at 1,340.