July 22, 2022 12:06 GMT
- "Folks, I'm doing great:" President Biden tests positive for COVID-19 for the first time.
- The US State Department has welcomed a deal between Turkey, Ukraine, Russia, and the United Nations on grain corridors, expected to be signed today.
- The January 6 Committee has portrayed former President Donald Trump as indifferent to the attack on the Capitol and reluctant to concede electoral defeat.
- The Democrat candidate for the crucial Pennsylvania Senate race, John Fetterman is slowly re-entering the campaign trail after being side-lined for two months by a stroke.
- Former President Trump's “top allies” are well advanced in plans “to radically reshape the federal government if he is re-elected.”
- Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo told the Aspen Security Forum in Colorado that the US cannot continue to rely on Taiwan for semiconductors and Congress must pass CHIPS-Plus.
- "A test for what has long been one of the closest US partnerships in Latin America:" White House Deputy NSA Jon Finer is at the head of a delegation in Colombia for two days of talks with outgoing President Ivan Duque and leftist President-Elect Gustavo Petro.
- Mexico President Andrés Manuel López Obrador is not backing down in a trade dispute with the US and Canada.
- The Senate is expected to easily pass a vote on Sweden and Finland’s request to join NATO next week.
- The State Department has reacted sceptically to an Iranian statement suggesting Tehran is willing to return to the nuclear negotiating table.
- Poll of the Day: "President Biden’s net approval rating (bad!) and the Democratic Party’s position in congressional polling (not that bad!)” Which is more important?
Full article: https://marketnews.com/mni-political-risk-analysis...