January 26, 2023 13:29 GMT
MNI POLITICAL RISK - US Daily Brief
- US President Joe Biden announced yesterday that the US will send M1 Abrams tanks to Ukraine. Focus will now shift to whether the incremental increase in the level of offensive aid will put fighter planes back on the agenda.
- Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and House Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) gave a joint press conference yesterday to “expose” a Republican tax proposal and warn that “MAGA Republicans” risk sending the US, "spiralling towards recession, if not depression."
- Former President Donald Trump was given a boost yesterday when Meta, the parent company of Facebook, confirmed that Trump’s account on the social media network will be restored.
- Dutch and US officials will meet in Washington tomorrow to discuss export controls on semiconductor technology to China.
- House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) will call a vote this week on legislation to limit the Biden administration’s scope to engage in further releases from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.
- Poll of the Day: President Biden’s approval rating has stabilised at around 42% after a drop which followed Biden's document controversy.
Full article: https://roar-assets-auto.rbl.ms/files/50888/MNI%20...