Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- CNH: Offshore yuan is hovering around neutral levels, the pair briefly touched 6.47 but bounced from the level. The PBOC set USD/CNY reference rate at 6.4650, in line with sell side estimates and essentially flat from the day before.
- SGD: Singapore dollar rose, data earlier showed Singapore final 2Q private residential prices rise 0.8% Q/Q but CPI data later in the session will be more closely watched.
- TWD: Taiwan dollar is stronger, USD/TWD consolidating below the 28.00 handle. There government will downgrade the coronavirus alert level on July 27.
- KRW: Won is stronger but off opening highs as markets consider the government's decision to extend restrictions, coronavirus cases dropped from a record high yesterday but remain elevated.
- MYR: Ringgit is weaker, data showed CPI grew slightly slower than expected at 3.4% against consensus of 3.5%.
- IDR: Rupiah is lower, weighed on by the Bank of Indonesia after it lowered the 2021 growth target yesterday due to impact of the pandemic.
- PHP: Peso declined, weighed on by reports that Manila would be under general community quarantine with stricter curbs from July 23-31.
- THB: Baht fell, data showed the trade surplus widened less than expected as imports shot above expectations.