March 20, 2023 13:48 GMT
Nuclear Reactor Availability Falls By 2GW On Strike Action
Workers at EdF’s sites in France continued strike action on Monday, reducing nuclear generation capacity at three reactors by a total of 2GW, EdF remit data show.
- Output has been reduced at the Tricastin 4, Civaux 1 and Flamanville 2 reactors until 10PM local time.
- Hydropower output has been curtailed by 5.3GW.
- Strike action at EdF’s sites is scheduled to last until 23 March.
- Recent production curtailments amid industrial action has not had an impact on security of supplies as milder temperatures have weighed on French power demand.
- Power consumption on Monday is expected to peak at 58GW. For 23-29 March, peak power demand is forecast to range between 48.2-59.7GW, RTE data show.