April 19, 2022 11:42 GMT
- Leftist presidential candidate Gustavo Petro pledged not to expropriate private property if he wins the presidency.
- Petro signed a document in a notary in Bogota saying that he “swears under oath” not to seize anyone’s assets.
- Additionally, candidate Petro said Colombia’s tax code should move toward a system in which small and medium-sized enterprises pay lower taxes than larger companies in a webcast event organized by La Republica newspaper.
- Lower taxes for smaller companies should be offset by higher taxes on dividends for individuals.
- Colombian presidential candidate Federico Gutierrez speaks with business leaders about his economic proposals in a talk webcast by La Republica newspaper. The event is scheduled for 0900 Bogota time.