Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- RES 4: 1.3312 1.00 proj of Mar 20 - Apr 14 rally from May 18 low
- RES 3: 1.3284 High Dec 31, 2019
- RES 2: 1.3278 High 2020 (Jan 1)
- RES 1: 1.3267 Aug 19 high and the bull trigger
- PRICE: 1.3191 @ 18:00 BST Aug 20
- SUP 1: 1.3065 Aug 20 low
- SUP 2: 1.3005 Low Aug 12 and the bear trigger
- SUP 3: 1.2982 Low Aug 4 and a key support
- SUP 4: 1.2945 Low Jul 30
GBPUSD sold off sharply Wednesday but did retrace some of these losses Thursday. Wednesday's move lower however is a potentially important bearish threat. If correct, it signals the start of a correction. The daily pattern is a bearish engulfing candle and is reinforced by bearish divergence between price and momentum. Key resistance is at 1.3267, yesterday's high. A break would resume the uptrend. Watch key support at 1.3005/2982.