October 03, 2022 18:47 GMT
HomepagePolitical Market NewsPolitical RiskPolitical Risk BulletBulletMarketsFixed Income NewsForeign Exchange News
President Joe Biden is shortly due to deliver remarks from Port of Ponce, Puerto Rico.
- Livestream of the remarks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ_4ONGy9Ok&featur...
- According to the White House, Biden “will announce more than USD$60 million in funding through the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law to shore up levees, strengthen flood walls, and create a new flood warning system to help Puerto Rico become better prepared for future storms.”
- On Wednesday, Biden will head to Florida to survey damage from Hurrican Ian and likely hold a meeting with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R-FL), a man widely tipped as his 2024 presidential rival.
- Biden's visit to Florida comes as election analysts attempt to gauge the political implications of DeSantis' decision to transport mostly South American migrants to left-leaning parts of the country. Democrats believe that the political stunt may push Latino voters to support DeSantis' opponent, former Florida governor Charlie Crist
- If DeSantis fails to win re-election by a convincing margin in his increasingly tight race with Crist, then it may affect his standing as Republican presidential nominee in waiting.