Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Polish President Andrzej Duda is due to meet French President Emmanuel Macron on Wednesday to discuss bilateral economic issues, energy, security as well as defending the EU's external border (BBG).
- We have seen that Poland has been under EU's radar in recent months, first on the on-going backlash over primacy law and second on the ECJ financial punishment of 500K EUR for each day Poland continues to extract lignite at the Turow mine close to the border with the Czech Republic and Germany.
- The EU have decided to delay the 36bn EUR in pandemic aid, which could lead to a significant downward revision in growth expectations, pausing a threat to Polish risky assets.
- In addition, the rise in Covid uncertainty could also lead to a sharp in business and economic sentiment indicators, pausing a threat to the policy outlook and therefore could weigh on PLN.
- Next important data to watch will be October CPI, coming out on October 29.