Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
The Japanese MOF will today sell Y2.5tn of 5-Year JGB's re-opening JB#147. The MOF last sold 5-Year debt on May 19, the auction drew cover of 3.300x at an average yield of -0.097%, average price of 100.50, high yield of -0.093%, low price of 100.48, with 94.3092% of bids allotted at the high yield.
- Outright 5-Year yields sit ~1.5bp above the prevailing levels witnessed at last month's auction.
- The 2-/5-/10-Year butterfly sits closer to the bottom end of its recent range, bucking the trend seen across some of the major global FI curves where the belly has struggled.
- 5-Year swap spreads hover around the middle of their recent range.
- Still, the BoJ's continued presence in the space and this week's ~Y8tn redemption from a maturing JGB line should provide enough cushion to provide at least an underlying level of demand.
- Results due at 0435BST/1235JST.