- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
MNI DATA FORECASTS: EZ Inflation, US Payrolls In Focus
Pull Back In Risk During NY Trading Weighs On Aussie
The Aussie underperformed the G10 again on Wednesday after weaker-than-expected wages data and dampened risk appetite. AUDUSD is down 0.7% and currently trading around 0.6805 after taking another step down following the FOMC minutes. The USD index is up 0.4%.
- AUDUSD is around new six-week lows. It broke through support of 0.6856 and then 0.6809, the February 22 low, and the next level to watch is 0.6781, 38.2% retracement of the October 13 – Feb 2 uptrend. The broader uptrend remains in place for now though and the bull trigger is at 0.7158, the February 2 high.
- AUDNZD is down 1% to 1.0941 as both Australian wages data and the RBNZ worked against Aussie. AUDJPY is down 0.8% to 91.82. Aussie is down 0.3% against the euro to 0.6418 and 0.2% against the pound to 0.5650.
- Equity markets were weaker with both the S&P and Eurostoxx down 0.2%. The VIX was lower at 22.3%. WTI fell 3.2% to $73.90/bbl on the hawkish Fed outlook and ample supply as Russian output remained stronger than expected. Copper prices were down 1.2% and iron ore is over $131/t.
- Today Q4 private capital expenditure prints. At 16.15 AEDT RBA Deputy Governor Bullock and Deputy Head (FMI) Payments Policy Cagliani appear before the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Corporations and Financial Services.
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.