Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Retail sales data for July came in below expectations, with sales dropping 0.4% on the month vs. Exp. +0.2%. Similarly, the Y/Y figure ebbed to +9.9% vs. Exp. +11.7%.
- In a note released late yesterday, Bank of America argued the case for Mexican equities, writing that the quieter electoral year across 2022 will see Mexican markets perform more favourably relative to the rest of LatAm. BofA also cite the more swift recovery in the Mexican labour market, as well as comfortable debt-to-GDP metrics.
- MXN trades weaker headed into the Friday session, with USD/MXN within range of the September highs at 20.2039, which become first resistance. The MexBol finished higher by 0.1% Thursday, extending the recovery off the week's lows to just shy of 2%.
- Banxico governor Diaz de Leon speaks Friday, presenting the new 20-peso bill, but may not comment on monetary policy.