Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The rise in uncertainty over the economic outlook combined with the PLN weakness have been weighing on Polish equities in recent weeks.
- The chart below shows that both the PLN and WIG20 Index have been under pressures in recent weeks after diverging significantly in recent months.
- Periods of PLN depreciation have historically been associated with equity weakness in the past cycle.
- Demand for ‘safe’ assets could remain strong in the ST as the Covid news are expecting to make a lot of headlines in the coming days following the discovery of a new variant (Omicron), therefore pressure on Polish risky assets could remain elevated.
- WIG20 Index broke below its 200DMA (2,200) on Friday; next support to watch on the downside stands at 2,103.50, which corresponds to the 38.2% Fibo retracement of the 1,496.80 – 2,478.60 range).