Spot USD/IDR has added 50 figs so far and last changes hands at IDR14,717. The rate has been creeping higher from the off but has struggled to break out of last Friday's range. Bulls look for a rally above Aug 4 high of IDR14,939, while bears would be pleased by a sell-off past the 100-DMA at IDR14,654.
- USD/IDR 1-month NDF last seen +67 figs at IDR14,720. Topside focus falls on Aug 5 high of IDR14,990, while bears keep an eye on last Friday's low of IDR14,654.
- Indonesia's benchmark stock index has been oscillating between gains and losses this morning.
- Palm oil futures have faltered, with the contract for October delivery trading at MYR4,312/MT, down MYR95/MT.
- President Widodo is preparing to deliver an annual budget speech on Tuesday. He is expected to outline fiscal consolidation plans amid rising costs of food and energy subsidies.
- Defence Minister Prabowo announced he will run for the presidency in 2024, when Jokowi's term in office expires, as he leads in popularity surveys.
- Indonesia's monthly international merchandise data will be published later today, with quarterly BoP current account balance coming up this Friday.