Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Russian Embassy in the US slams 'ungrounded' accusations of non-transparent elections, emphasizing "the expression and will of the people took place in full compliance with the provisions of domestic legislation & international norms.
- Any claims to the contrary are unacceptable." Also says it is awaiting a response from the US with detailed explanations of cyberattacks (50% of total) that came from US soil.
- Additionally, the UK also accused Russia of taking a "serious step back in democratic freedoms. Undermining political plurality" – Tass, Moscow Times*
- As noted yesterday, the Communist Party has called for protests following Duma elections as e-voting saw early leads for opposition candidates vanish one by one with Kremlin candidates taking the eventual victory in all 15 of the capital's districts (traditionally weak for UR) – providing the 2/3 majority.
- Opposition leaders have labelled the e-voting system fraudulent and refuse to accept the elections as legitimate, despite having increased their seats from 43 to 57. A few hundred people gathered to protest on Monday, but no major action was pursued
- Putin extends 2014 counter sanctions against countries that have levelled sanctions against Russia to 31 Dec 2022. Affected parties include: Austria, Iceland, New Zealand, US, Switzerland, & Japan
- CEC says political diversity has expended following Duma elections with 5 political parties now passing to the state Duma: United Russia, Communist Party, LDPR, a Just Russia, For Truth & New People
- Events: Govt to discuss 2022-2024 social economic outlook and other topics
- FM Zakharova to hold weekly press briefing