August 17, 2022 06:45 GMT
- Yesterday, Czech Industry and Trade Minister Jozef Sikela says a windfall tax on some industries may be one of possible ways to finance programs designed to help people cope with rising energy costs (BBG).
- CNB Zamrazilova mentioned in an interview (Seznam) that she sees weakening domestic Czech price drivers.
- Zamrazilova considers FX interventions as a legitimate policy tool.
- Economic data showed yesterday that PPI inflation decelerated to 26.8% in July (vs. 27.7% exp.), down from 28.5% expected.
- There are no important economic data coming out today.