August 18, 2022 19:12 GMT
- Brazil Speaker Defends New Fiscal Rule To Replace Spending Cap (BBG)
- Brazil Next Congress Will Maintain Reforms Approval Pace (BBG)
- Brazil’s Congress must attempt to design a more flexible budget rule compared to the current spending cap model, Lower House speaker Arthur Lira said during an event in Sao Paulo organized by BTG Pactual.
- Lira said Brazil’s financial system knows how to operate in moments of crisis.
- Lira added he believes incumbent Jair Bolsonaro is wrong when criticizing Brazil’s electronic voting system and added that he has already talked to the president about those attacks. (Bloomberg)