Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: Strong EZ mfg PMI's boost the Euro, Sterling finds a bid tone.
- Market closures in Japan & China once again limited activity through Asia. But
a modest risk-on tone was observed in the G10 FX space following reports that
US-China trade talks are nearing a conclusion.
- Volumes remained light at the European crossover as traders faded the risk on
rally. EURJPY dipped back under Y125.00, while AUDJPY held toward the lower end
of its 35 pip range.
- PMI mfg data followed across Europe, with strong reads (bar Germany) boosting
sentiment across the board. EURUSD squeezed to $1.1219, but gave back light
gains on the slight German miss.
- UK Construction PMI came in above forecasts but with sterling holding at
elevated levels saw limited react. Traders focus turns to the BoE rate decision,
press conference & inflation report. The MPC will likely hold 9-0, but there has
been speculation about a possible dissenter among the committee. UK local
elections are also due to take place across England & NI today.
- Jobless Claims, Durable Goods & Factory Orders the main US highlights.