Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- USDMXN is consolidating and maintains a softer tone following recent weakness.
- The pair has this week cleared a key near-term support at 19.7197, May 18 low and the bear trigger.
- This confirms a resumption of the downtrend and ends the recent lengthy consolidation that started Apr 20.
- The focus is on 19.5494, Jan 21 low and a primary support.
- Key resistance has been defined at 20.2132, Jun 4 high.
- USDBRL is consolidating ahead of support at 5.0107, Dec 14 low. A clear breach of this level would reinforce bearish conditions and open 4.8187 further out, Jun 8 2020 low. A firm near-term resistance is at 5.3740, May 24. Initial resistance is seen at 5.1870, the 20-day EMA.
- USDCLP remains above recent lows. The outlook is bullish despite recent weakness. This follows sharp gains on the reversal from 690.32, May 10 low. The climb has exposed the next area of resistance between 740.22, Mar 29 high and 743.10, Mar 8 high. Clearance of these two levels would open 751.20, Jan 13 high and a key resistance. Support is seen at 710.46, May 18 low. A break would highlight a bearish risk.