Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- EURHUF is consolidating and continues to trade closer to recent lows following a retracement of the rally between Apr 12 - 23. Resistance has been defined at 364.4, Apr 23 high where a break is required to reinstate a bullish focus. For bears, a deeper pullback would expose support at 356.27, Apr 12 low.
- EURPLN is trading higher today but remains within the recent range and below initial resistance at 4.5931, Apr 28 high. A bearish theme remains intact and attention is on the key support at 4.5203, Apr 12 low and just above 4.5202, 76.4% of the Feb 10 - Mar 29 rally. A clear break of this support would suggest scope for a deeper pullback to 4.50 and 4.4709, Feb 10 low. For bulls, clearance of 4.5931 is needed to strengthen a bullish case.
- USDZAR short-term gains are still considered corrective. Recent price activity continues to highlight a potential bear flag formation. If correct, it represents a continuation pattern and reinforces a bearish case. The focus is on 14.6122, the 1.236 Fibonacci projection of the Apr - Jun - Aug 2020 price swing. Resistance is at 14.6069, the 50-day EMA.
- USDTRY edges higher. The pair traded to a fresh high last week of 8.4851 on Apr 26. Despite the subsequent pullback, a bullish theme remains intact and dips are considered corrective. Fresh gains would expose 8.5793, the Nov 6 high and an important resistance. Key support is unchanged at 7.6958, Mar 22 low. Initial firm support is 7.9886, Apr 2 low.
- USDRUB short-term gains are considered corrective. The outlook remains bearish and attention is on support at 74.2006, Apr 29 low. A break would open 73.8370, 76.4% of the rally between Mar 16 - Apr 7. Resistance is at 75.4780, the 20-day EMA.