Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
JGBS: The JGB curve has been subjected to some bear steepening, as super-long
paper underperforms, with 40-Year yields finishing the morning session 2.0bp
- JGB futures are ticking lower as a result, with little in the way of headline
- A strong morning session for Japanese equities on the back of Wall St.'s
positive lead & a soft JPY (resulting in fresh YTD highs for USD/JPY) likely
explains at least part of the move, with JGB futures breaching yesterday's low.
- Stepping back, the softness in JGBs could be a result of traders unwinding
positions ahead of the release of the BOJ's JGB purchase plan for October, due
later today, which could prove key for the space after the adjustments made for
September to factor in calendar effects & trimming of longer dated purchases
(25+ Year paper) last Friday. Some are looking for further cuts to longer dated
purchases in October.