Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
AUSSIE BONDS: The space played catch-up to Monday's goings on in SYCOM trade,
with bull flattening apparent in futures. Contracts sit shy of their respective
SYCOM peaks as we type, YM +5.0, XM +7.5, leaving YM/XM 2.5 ticks flatter vs.
Friday's settlement, at 34.0 ticks.
- Worth flagging a block trade from the final SYCOM session of last week, which
sources suggest looked like the unwinding of a YM/XM flattener position. 6,098
YM traded vs. 1,688 XM, with the spread crossing at 37.5.
- Bills print 2-5 ticks higher through the reds.
- The NAB business survey headlines the local docket today. The usual amount of
focus will fall on the labour market sub-components/commentary, although
business reaction to the well-documented bushfires provides another major focal
point in this month's reading.
- IBs currently price a ~78% chance of the RBA leaving its cash rate unchanged
when it convenes next week.