Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: U.S. President Trump's address from the Oval Office inspired a round of
risk-off flows across the G10 FX space as he announced that the U.S. will ban
all inbound travel from Europe (excluding the UK) for 30 days. This was coupled
with lack of positive surprises on the fiscal front. JPY has taken the lead,
with USD/JPY breaking out of yesterday's range to the downside, sinking below
Y104.00. High-beta FX have been offered, with USD also affected.
- Earlier, Australian PM Morrison unveiled his A$17.6bn stimulus package to
combat the coronavirus outbreak. Morrison will speak again at 19:00 local time.
- USD/KRW has extended gains with the latest round of risk-off flows, which
roughly coincided with South Korea's latest update on their coronavirus case
count (+114) & death toll (+6).
- Broader USD/Asia trade firmer, likely playing catch-up to y'day's moves after
the WHO named Covid-19 a global pandemic, with general risk aversion again
taking hold as we type.
- On the radar today: monetary policy decision from the ECB, EZ industrial
output, U.S. PPI & Swedish CPI.