Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Draft UN statement urges reversal of Cyprus action, after 15 UN nations debated the issue last night and noted that if there were no objections it could be approved today.
- Proposed UNSC statement would reiterate that "no actions should be carried out in Varosha that are not in accordance with the resolutions.
- It would also express deep concern regarding Turkey's announcement "on reopening 3.4% of the fenced-off area of Varosha"
- US & UK condemn Turkish plan to re-open Varosha, saying its actions would be referred to the UNSC.
- Blinken said overnight that "Turkey & Turkish Cypriots have ignored calls from the international community & UNSC to reverse its unilateral steps on Varosha."
- The US "views these actions as provocative, unacceptable and incompatible with past commitments"
- Greek FM says there can be no improvement in relations with Turkey until it stops violating international law in Cyprus.
- Says the UNSC will send a clear message to Turkey, and that Turkish aggressions cannot go unanswered
- Taliban says Afghans should secure the Kabul airport, not Turkey. Taliban spox says it is interested in securing peace in Afghanistan and good relations with Turkey, but would not tolerate its presence in Kabul.
- Taliban pledged to "take a stand" if Turkey does not leave alongside US troops in September
- Turkey reports 8,151 new covid cases, 59 more deaths