August 18, 2022 12:03 GMT
- Banxico Deputy Governor, Gerardo Esquivel, said Mexico’s inflation will peak in August or September before starting a gradual decline, speaking in an interview with Radio Formula on Wednesday.
- Inflation at the end of this year will be around 8%, a decrease from the current rate of 8.15%.
- Mexico will reach its 3% inflation target between 1Q and 2Q of 2024.
- Esquivel would accept the position of deputy governor again if nominated by the president. (BBG)
- US Ambassador to Mexico Ken Salazar will hold a media conference at 9am local time on the connection between economic prosperity and security amid a spike in disruptions and attacks directed at businesses and civilians even as the government is touting falling crime statistics.
- Data focus domestically remains on tomorrow’s June Retail Sales report.