January 23, 2023 21:18 GMT
US Equities Aid Recovery From Session Lows, PSI On Tap
NZD/USD prints at $0.6490, ~0.3% firmer in yesterday's trading.
- The pair was pressured in the European session, weakness in EUR/USD spilled over into broader greenback strength, before finding support below $0.6450.
- Strength in US Equities helped NZD firm though the NY session, in a trough to peak rally of ~0.8%, to deal at current levels.
- Cross asset signals were mixed, S&P500 was up ~1.2% and 10 Year US Treasury Yields were ~4 bps firmer. The DXY was little changed.
- Bullish trend is intact, bulls first target is 18 Jan high at $0.6530. Bears first target 20-day EMA at $0.6380.
- On the wires shortly is Dec BNZ Performance Services Index, the prior reading was 53.7.