Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
DOLLAR-YEN: USD/JPY has largely traded in lock step with U.S. Tsy futures in
early dealing this week, tracking NAFTA sentiment, albeit sticking to a narrow
- USD/JPY last deals at Y113.86, with a modest degree of JPY pressure creeping
in around the Tokyo fix.
- Bulls remain in charge with the next upside target at Y114.00, a level which
is reported to hold option-related resistance. A break here would likely
accelerate the move, targeting the November 2017 high (Y114.73). Bears target a
break of the September 20 low (Y112.04) & retracement toward the Y111.60 level
to shift the outlook back to neutral.
- The JPY has had little/no reaction to the BOJ altering its purchase range for
its October Rinban operations back on Friday, with focus set to fall on this
week's operations and Japanese wage data.