Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- USD/RUB trades mostly flat around the open, having pulled back below the 75.00 handle in yesterday's session supported by stronger oil markets.
- API inventories saw a substantial draw overnight at -7.7m bbls vs -2.2m exp, bolstering upside momentum in Brent markets, despite virus concerns in India.
- Although markets are open today, local volumes may be somewhat muted due to the local public holiday.
- Price action reversed off the 50dma in yesterday's session, but will need to close below the 100dma (74.7305) to unlock the next leg lower against the tide of recent risk-off $ buying activity.
- RUB fundamentals remain fairly attractive at these levels, but will be tempered by risk-off conditions.
- Intraday Sup1: 74.8246, Sup2: 74.6370, Res1: 74.9975, Res2: 75.3055